Slayer guide discussion

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Woodcutterty
Admin

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Slayer guide discussion   Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:25 am

Note: it may be possible this video has not been made yet and might never be made if we don't get good suggestions

Please read the forum rules before posting anything here.
This is a 'discussion-topic'. For help with your slayer skill, go to the help category --> skill guides --> Slayer help.

What we expect here:
Post from our visitors about how we can improve our video on this skill.
If this skill hasn't got a video yet, you can discuss on what should be in it.

Keep this forum free from spam!

Thank you in advance,

Woody
Forum Admin
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uk.youtube.com/woodcutterty
Saradoman993

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Slayer guide discussion   Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:13 am

Guy's start posting guides

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.the-wrp.user.board.net
bob5202

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Slayer guide discussion   Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:01 pm

Saradoman993 wrote:

how can u make a guide about this if u really dont do more then 1 thing is slayer the monster and get the xp lol! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lordhasta

Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: Slayer guide discussion   Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:24 pm

bob5202 wrote:
Saradoman993 wrote:

how can u make a guide about this if u really dont do more then 1 thing is slayer the monster and get the xp lol! Very Happy

That's true, you can't make a Guide to >99< Slayer.
To level up, you'll just have to do Slayer tasks.

~LH~

WRP ftw.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.everyoneweb.com/MrLordHasta
Orange If I

Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: Slayer guide discussion   Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:47 pm

How do you expect people to make a slayer guide? huh? That's what i thought!

Hahaha, well that's not what I thought! As a only lvl 95 in runecscape, i enjoy skilling a lot more than combat, and only 39 slayer, but since people think that you can't make a guide on this well, Here's mine!
*NOTE* in this guide i will not tell you leveling like 1-10 etc....

Now, to start your slayer adventure (start at around 100 combat not level 3!) you will need to buy your armor! Now, this is where, if your not a pure it's good! I personally belive being a pure strength attack or defence hold's up possibilities of things you can do in the game, so if you are about to start your adventure in Runescape as a level 3 in p2p and going to do combat, I highly recommend you do not go pure lol!

Armor list!

1. Strongly recommended equipment

Full Guthans - Easy way to heal on many tasks. Becomes obsolete if you are able to restore enough hitpoints using other methods such as the SGS, Bunyip or Unicorn Stallion, Saradomin brews, food, or rapid heal.

Veracs skirt - High defence and prayer bonus; better than Guthans skirt. May become obsolete if you decide to use Bandos instead.

Black mask - +15% attack and strength while on a task. This will later be replaced by a Slayer Helmet.

Amulet of fury - Best amulet in the game for melee, except versus undead.

Abyssal whip - In most cases, best weapon in terms of damage rate.

Drag dagger p++ - Has nice special that causes a lot of damage. Dragon mace is not better. Becomes obsolete on some tasks if you have a Saradomin Godsword.

Dragon boots - Best boots in the game for melee, If you can't get bandos boots, +4 strength.

"Barrows" gloves - Best gloves in the game.

Karils top and bottom - High magic defence; useful for meleeing monsters with magic attacks (such as Waterfiends). Becomes obsolete in some cases if you don't need the extra defence over Proselyte.

Black dragonhide top and chaps - Second highest range attack bonus in the game. Becomes obsolete if you have Armadyl.

10 crystal seeds charged into crystal bows - Very good range weapon; fairly cheap, fairly powerful, and no ammo. Could be replaced with a rune crossbow and broad or adamant bolts; it's really just your opinion.

God coif - High range attack bonus for its price. Becomes obsolete with a robin hood hat, 3rd age coif, or Armadyl helm.

Zamorak robe bottom - Good for Spiritual Mages tasks because of its prayer bonus and Zamorak symbol. Note this is the Treasure Trail item.

Cannon - An extension of one's combat ability that is a great way to speed up many tasks.

I highly recomond getting the cannon and around 100k balls if your rich, because this is probally the best you could do on hard task Very Happy.

Now, there are a lot of cool looking items that you may want to buy, that will make you dirt poor, and you belive it'll help a lot, but most things are unseccerry!

Equipment that is cool but kind of unnecessary

Ranger boots - Ranger boots are the best boots in the game in terms of range attack, but are a bit overpriced for just +8 range attack.

Full Armadyl - Armadyl is the best range armor in the game. It has higher ranged attack than black dragonhide and gives a prayer bonus. Note that Armadyl has negative melee attack bonuses, so it not a replacement for Karils when meleeing!

Void Knight Top, Bottom, Gloves, and Range helm (850 Pest Control points or about 8 hours of time)- I believe Range Void increases your damage rate with range by about 5% over wearing Black Dragonhide, depending on the monster's defence, although it does not affect the cannon, and the difference between it and Armadyl would be even smaller (plus Armadyl has a small prayer bonus). I had to guess, I believe that Armadyl is about the same as Void Knight, but Void Knight is better than Black Dragonhide. However, the time it takes to get Void Knight over Black Dragonhide is NOT worth it unless you are ranging much more than I suggest you do!

Dragonfire shield - Although inferior to the rune defender in attack bonus, the Dragonfire shield has very nice defence bonuses. If you need more defence bonus in order to complete the task without banking (if you're trying to do without Guthans: see later in the guide), you can use the Dragonfire shield instead of the Rune defender. It also has a better strength bonus compared to the anti-dragon shield, making it preferable at the Iron Dragons.

Saradomin godsword - Although an abyssal whip gives faster xp for all tasks but Gargoyles and Waterfiends, the Saradomin godsword special is convenient for slayer because it restores hitpoints and prayer. However, keep in mind that you may have more than enough other ways to restore hitpoints, and that you also lose the ddp++ specials. The SGS is rather expensive for how useful it is.

PROFIT RANGE!
Many people belive you will make billions of gp off slayer, but sometimes it's just not all true!
If you have 99 runecrafting and did it the way you make tons of gp, you will know how much worth it, it was and that's like slayer! Slayer could be the longest skill in the game, depending on you combat stats and whats not, but higher combat:
Faster money
Faster xp
BETTER BETTER BETTER!

The profit you will make is pretty close to runecrafting, but much more! So slow cash but millions at the end, if you like that slayer is your skill!

*DO NOT REPOST ON RS FORUMS*

~orange~!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lordhasta

Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: Slayer guide discussion   Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:28 am

Niceness! What a Face

WRP ftw.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.everyoneweb.com/MrLordHasta
jared turbo3

Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: Slayer guide discussion   Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:20 pm

Slayer.... slayer..... one of the hardest skills to achieve 99 in, agree?

I've been playing rs for many of years and have found slayer to be one of the most difficult skills to get high.

It all depends on either armour (melee, mage or range armour), monster to kill and the slayer equpiment to kill them if neseccery (spelt rong i think)

Armour

I think people should weild the best armour that they can eg, dragon.
The better the bonus you have it will make it less stressfull when killing higher leveled monsters.
I think that guthans and either rune/dragon should be taken to kill higher leveled monsters because when you low on hitpoint -30, guthans when worn will heal the amout of damage you hit. Ht a 30, you get healed 30 hp. Simple!

Weapons

Weapons depent on a players attack level or what weapon they can offord. I think whips are the better of them all, they're fast and have good bonus.

Thats just my opion, hope it helps.

Co-Head Of WRP
Forum Mod
Head Of Customer Suport

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.wrp-inc.co.nr
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slayer guide discussion   

Back to top Go down

Slayer guide discussion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum